- Who are The Apples & Pears Foundation?
- What kinds of information do we collect?
- What might we use your personal information for?
- Will we ever contact you without permission?
- What do we do with direct debit or credit card information?
- Am I safe following links to other party’s websites?
- What may happen if I post or send inappropriate content?
- What may happen if I post or send content that I do not own?
- Where may we store your information?
- How can you access information we hold on you? How will you know if this policy has changed?
WHO ARE THE THE APPLES & PEARS FOUNDATION?
This site is operated by or on behalf of The Apples & Pears Foundation, a registered charity (No. 1158359).
Apples & Pears launched in 2012 in the context of London’s most under-privileged areas suffering severe funding education cuts and the London Riots. We set about making a positive impact on the lives of young children in these areas by introducing more choices for their futures, involving their families in their learning, and building stronger and wider communities.
We aim to
- improve engagement, attendance and educational attainment;
- strengthen personal, social and emotional development;
- develop learning and thinking skills and enrich teaching; and
- increase parental involvement in the development of their children.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you donate money to us or access our information or request services or products from us, we may collect and process personal information about you. Depending on your activity, this personal information may include your financial details, name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may also collect details of your visits to our site, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
By submitting this personal information you enable us to provide you with the information, services or products you select.
WHAT MIGHT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We are required by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that any personal information you supply to us is only used for the purpose for which you provided it.
When we request your personal information on this site, if we tell you we will use it for a specific purpose then we will only use it for that purpose.
If we don’t tell you we will use it for a specific purpose then we may use it in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, services or products you have requested or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to being contacted
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our site, when you choose to do so, for example, we may help you complete forms by inserting your contact details for you to edit
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our sites by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other internet device
- with IP addresses, to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use or to establish the number of visits to the site from different countries.
If you do not want us to use your data in these ways please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
WILL WE EVER CONTACT YOU WITHOUT PERMISSION?
We will never contact you by email unless you have given us expression permission to do so and you may withdraw permission at any time. If we contact you by phone or letter we will not contact you again if you ask us not to. You can contact us at any time to change your contact method preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH DIRECT DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION?
To ensure the maximum level of security is applied to your financial information, any webpage that we request direct debit, credit card or other financial information on will be in a secure area of the site. All transmissions over the internet to and from that secure area will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
Credit card and bank detail information will not be retained on our web servers but will instead be transferred to a secure database (for the purpose of collecting and recording payments).
However, please note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site.
Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
AM I SAFE FOLLOWING LINKS TO OTHER PARTY’S WEBSITES?
WHAT MAY HAPPEN IF I POST OR SEND INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT?
If you post or send any content that we believe to be inappropriate or content in breach of any laws, such as defamatory content, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies.
WHAT MAY HAPPEN IF I POST OR SEND CONTENT THAT I DO NOT OWN?
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party claiming to own any content that you posted.
WHERE MAY WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
The Apples & Pears Foundation may for financial or technical reasons from time to time need to use the services of an Internet Services Provider located outside of the European Economic Area. However, The Apples & Pears Foundation shall ensure that your personal information will be held by those Internet Service Providers in compliance with European data protection regulations.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS INFORMATION WE HOLD ON YOU?
You may request a copy of any personal information that The Apples & Pears Foundation has about you. Please write to the Data Protection Manager, The Apples & Pears Foundation, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE. The Apples & Pears Foundation does not make a charge for supplying this information and will reply within 40 days of receipt of your request. It will help us to locate your records more easily if you can tell us something about the nature of your contact with The Apples & Pears Foundation.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
HOW WILL YOU KNOW IF THIS POLICY HAS CHANGED?