Apples & Pears is a…
- grant provider: we raise funds and inject them into primary schools and grassroots community projects working with primary age children.
- collaborative project: we work with each of our project partners to design bespoke versions of our trips programme, ensuring empathy is at the heart of everything we do.
- community: we are a volunteer led project supported by businesses large and small and made up of community groups, schools, families and of course, the children we work with!
- start: our trips are a chance for people to meet, learn, explore and have fun together.
Our Trips Programme
volunteers on standby
We run trips across London with family members and volunteers on most weekends. An average of 15 families and two volunteers take part each time.
Our trips have included visits to famous London landmarks, hidden gems and green spaces.
We have over 400 volunteers (and growing!) on standby to support the trips. Our volunteers are generally young Londoners, aged 18–35. They help teaching staff with practical things on the trip, such as crowd control, and also help engage participants in trip activities.
We Aim To:
- Create forums where families, volunteers and school staff can spend time, try new things and explore London together.
- Build programmes with communities to help them discover commonalities and confront issues relevant to them.
- Include communities by doing what we can to make everything London has to offer as accessible as possible.
- Enhance education for children by offering unique learning opportunities in new cultural environments.
- Inspire children by helping them find new interests and passions!