Who can apply?
Primary schools and charities working with primary age children in London are all eligible to apply for an Apples & Pears grant.
How can we help your school or charity?
By running our Trips Programme, you could give the children you work with and their families the opportunity to discover inspiring educational, social and cultural activities.
To help make this happen, we can:
- Provide financial assistance to enable you to run our Trips Programme
- Collaborate with you to develop trips which bring education to life and give children unique learning experiences.
- Use our 400+ volunteer pool to help children build networks and meet a wide range of professionals
- Work with our partner venues to plan trips and ensure a breadth of activities and good value for money
- Offer bespoke solutions including clustering schools as groups if human resources are stretched
- Publicise learning opportunities and community issues via our specialist Ambassadors and Blog
How much can you apply for?
- New Project Partners: if you haven’t worked with us before, you can apply for up to £1,000 to run our pilot trips scheme. This is tailored to the prospective partner but usually involves two or three trips across the winter term with a view to an enlarged grant the following school year.
- Existing Project Partners (schools): if you’re a pre-existing Apples & Pears school or have recently completed our pilot scheme, you may apply for up to either:
- £2,500 per school year provided you can commit to at least 10 trips in that time
- £5,000 per school year provided you can commit to at least 20 trips in that time
- Existing Project Partners (charities): if you’re a charity/community project, you may apply for up to £5,000 per school year, the conditions for which will be tailored to your organisation.
When should you apply?
New Project Partners
- Applications for new pilots open every year on 1 July and then close 31 October.
- We review applications across November/December and will get back to you with decisions in early January.
- Pilot schemes are then run between January and April.
- We will remain in contact with you throughout the pilot process including a discussion regarding eligibility for a main grant in May.
- We will let you know by 30 June whether or not you will receive one of our main grants for the following school year.
Existing Project Partners
- All of our grants are annual and whilst we don’t guarantee repeat funding, we endeavour to work with existing Project Partners to make sure that once you become part of the Apples & Pears Community, you don’t leave!
- We will normally have discussions around future funding with you in January/February of any given year.
- Offers of funding are then made by 30 June (contingent on adherence to the terms and conditions of your existing grant).
How do you apply?
- New Project Partners: please fill out our kick-off questionnaire so we can find out a little more about your organisation. We’ll then be in touch!
- Existing Project Partners: no need to worry, if you’re already working with us – we’ll reach out to you to see how we can continue to help!
Interested in working with us but have some questions you’d like to talk through before applying? Please get in touch.